Extreme Networks is introducing its Retail Guest Analytics solution as part of its new ExtremeWireless WiNG product portfolio at the upcoming National Retail Federation (NRF) Convention & Expo (15-17 January 2017) in New York, USA. It is also launching two new Wi-Fi access points.
Extreme describes the Retail Guest Analytics solution as ‘a highly integrated, customisable platform that enables retailers to better understand shoppers’ in-store habits and create personalised offers’.
The company argues that with increased competitive pressures on traditional brick and mortar retailers due to the rapidly growing online ecommerce channels, retailers must provide a high quality digital in-store experience to effectively engage, retain and support customers.
At the same time, shoppers are leveraging smartphone technology to enhance their retail shopping experience, and expect seamless wireless networking connectivity in retail stores. These trends add complexity for retail IT departments to manage a high number of mobile devices in a large distributed network with a remote IT department.
The new solution is therefore designed to allow traditional retailers to compete and meet shopper expectations. It scales up to 10 million shoppers across a chain with easy single sign-on, provides retailers with comprehensive insights into shopper demographics and buying behaviours leading to increased revenue per customer, and integrates directly with the ExtremeWireless WiNG Wi-Fi solutions.
It also gives brick and mortar retailers the tools to compete with online retailers by quickly adjusting promotions to drive customer engagement and improve brand experience, while reducing costs and time-to-market.
New 802.11ac access points
To further provide efficient connectivity for shoppers, Extreme is also introducing two new 802.11ac access points (AP), ExtremeWireless WiNG AP 7602 and AP 7622, in addition to its ExtremeSwitching 200 Series. These solutions serve the budget-conscious retail sector with massive scalability, true zero-touch auto provisioning, and unified wired and wireless management.
Furthermore, this gives Extreme’s partner community a new opportunity to delve into the SMB market, specifically with the ExtremeSwitching 200 Series, while the Retail Guest Analytics solution allows partners to provide more value and increase intimacy with their customers moving forward.
At the National Retail Federation Show, Extreme will also be demonstrating its newly introduced AP3916i AP camera, which offers retailers an enterprise-class dual radio AP with an embedded high definition video camera that can provide in-store surveillance, or combined with video analytics, can capture insights into foot traffic patterns, length of checkout lines, product placement and more.
Key features of the new solution include:
• Extreme Retail Guest Analytics – enables retailers to provide simple guest sign-on, obtain in-depth analytics of shoppers, including demographics and preferences, and gather metrics between stores. These analytics provide brick and mortar retailers with the tools they need to compete with online retailers including information such as the number of mobile customers that entered a store, new customers vs. repeat customers, and customer duration in a store.
• ExtremeWireless AP3916i – the industry’s first dual radio 802.11ac Wave 2 integrated high-definition camera AP for in-store video surveillance and video analytics, which can increase security, operational efficiencies and lower cost.
• ExtremeWireless WiNG AP 7602 and AP 7622 APs – priced for the budget-conscious mass market applications and include enterprise-grade features and Bluetooth customer engagement.
• ExtremeSwitching 200 Series – a new family of economical, managed Gigabit Ethernet switches which address the wired connections of PCs, servers and storage devices in addition to PoE to power wireless APs and IP phones. The family can also be flexibly managed via ExtremeCloud, ExtremeManagement, web client or industry-standard command line interface (CLI).
• Cost Savings – designed specifically to address mass-market applications, Extreme’s APs and switches are designed to accommodate enterprises, branch offices and small-to-medium sized businesses, as they run in tangent to existing infrastructure.
• Single-Pane-of-Glass Management – centralised management via ExtremeCloudTM, ExtremeManagement or traditional on-premise management enables flexible deployments with the freedom to manage devices across a wide range of enterprise environments.