Businesses throughout Chile will be able to leverage the Internet of Things (IoT) to deliver new revenue-generating services, following a link-up between mobile operator Entel Chile and Cisco.
Entel, the largest telecommunications company in Chile, has selected the Cisco Jasper Control Center IoT connectivity management platform to enable customers to access IoT services.
“Businesses throughout Chile are pursuing IoT to help reduce costs, introduce new services and drive new revenues,” said Julián San Martín, VP corporate markets at Entel. “Together with Cisco, Entel will be the trusted partner for companies looking to accelerate their IoT success. The Cisco Jasper IoT platform will provide our customers with the best solution for managing and monetising their IoT service businesses.”
“This agreement strategically pairs the telecom expertise of Entel with the IoT experience of Cisco to help ensure businesses throughout Chile have the solutions and resources they need to succeed,” said Gabriel Calgaro, country manager for Chile at Cisco. “We look forward to supporting the digital transformation of Entel’s business customers, and simplifying their transition to service businesses.”
With Cisco Jasper Control Center, Entel’s business customers will be able to increase productivity and manage costs. They will also be able to deliver exceptional, consistent, and reliable customer experiences while getting their services to market in a fraction of today’s time.
Control Center enables IoT services across any industry – and certain industries in Chile have already shown strong demand for IoT, including:
• Fleet Management: IoT increases productivity and profitability of fleets with 24/7 visibility, automated control, and remote diagnostics for transportation and logistics companies.
• Security & Home Automation: Security and automation providers leverage IoT to accelerate installs and increase service reliability, automate monitoring for rapid response times, and reduce costly truck rolls with remote diagnostics.
• Retail & Point of Sale (PoS): Retailers are capitalising on IoT to offer new services, reshape the customer experience and enter new markets.
• Connected Health: IoT enables healthcare providers to deliver remote monitoring services which provide preventative, on-going, and real-time monitoring of patients – anytime, anywhere.
• Smart Metering: Energy and utilities companies can leverage IoT to provide smart metering services that optimise the flow of information, improve asset performance, and increase energy efficiency.
Entel’s customers will also benefit from the global scalability of Control Center. Cisco Jasper partners with 33 global mobile operator groups representing more than 120 mobile operator networks worldwide. This means that when businesses are ready to scale their IoT services beyond Chile, they can easily do so.
“Entel Chile and Cisco Jasper are both focused on supporting innovative business that want to capitalize on IoT,” said Ken Laversin, Head of Global Sales, IoT Cloud at Cisco Jasper. “Together with Entel we are committed to enabling enterprises to bring IoT services to market rapidly and cost-effectively, while enabling them to scale as demand requires.”