Kenwood has launched a new series of two-way radios capable of supporting three different digital radio protocols - NXDN, DMR and P25 (Phase 1 & 2) – and FM analogue. The company already has terminals with NXDN and P25, but now DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) has been added too.
The company believes the new NX-5000 Series of portable and mobile radios can serve in all public sector, commercial and public safety roles with high performance and advanced feature sets that satisfy the most stringent requirements of today’s mission-critical radio users.
DMR is an open radio standard established in 2005 by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) for commercial communications. It uses 2-slot TDMA in a 12.5 kHz channel, effectively doubling the capacity of existing 12.5 kHz equipment.
This provides smooth communications and co-ordination for staff in a wide variety of commercial environments, including retail, hospitality and manufacturing.
Compatibility with the DMR AIS IP Console Interface facilitates radio dispatch operations, while Call Interruption is ideal for security guards. Digital DMR data services and remote monitoring are among several other benefits.
With the addition of DMR support, the NX-5000 Series now offers unsurpassed interoperability and flexibility. A single NX-5000 radio can simultaneously support two digital protocols plus FM analogue, offering the following combinations: FM/DMR/NXDN, FM/NXDN/P25, and FM/DMR/P25.
The company stated that whether it’s nationwide enterprises building large-scale trunked networks with NXDN, staff staying in touch via DMR, or first responders maintaining vital contact with P25, the NX-5000 Series has a clear digital advantage.
*Other models and options are available. Consult a local KENWOOD dealer for details.
NXDN™ is a trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation and Icom Inc. NEXEDGE® is a registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation. All other company names, brand names and product names are registered trademarks or trade names of their respective holders.
• Multi-Digital + FM Analogue Operation
• Gen2 & NXDN Conventional/Type-C Trunking Protocol
• DMR Tier II Conventional
• P25 Conventional Trunking (Phase 1/Phase 2) Protocol
• FM Analog Conventional & LTR Zones
• Color 1.74" (240 x 180 pixel) Transflective TFT Display
• Color GUI and Multi-line Text Display
• 1,000 mW Speaker Audio (@8 Ω, 5% distortion)
• 4-way Directional-pad (D-pad) and 2-Position Lever Switch
• Built-in GPS Receiver/Antenna
• Built-in Bluetooth Module
• Active Noise Cancelling
• Built-in 56-bit DES Encryption *2
• Optional 256-bit AES Encryption *2
• microSD/microSDHC Memory Card Slot
• FleetSync/II, MDC-1200, QT/DQT, 2-Tone/5-Tone *3 (analogue mode)
• Maximum of 4,000 CH/Radio capacity, 512 CH/Zone, 128 Zones
*1: Availability of the NX-5400 varies depending on the region; consult your local KENWOOD dealer for availability.
*2: P25 and NXDN
*3: 2-Tone (on Americas-type models)/5-Tone (on Europe-type models).