Brocade has announced the availability of Ruckus Cloudpath ES 5.0 software for secure Wi-Fi on-boarding and policy management. The new release builds on previous BYOD on-boarding capabilities to create a complete integrated security and policy management platform.
Cloudpath ES 5.0 software is designed to enable IT organisations of any size to easily implement secure, policy-based access for wired and wireless devices.
According to IDC, the U.S. mobile worker population will grow at a steady rate over the next five years, increasing from 96.2 million in 2015 to 105.4 million mobile workers in 2020. “The rise of a more mobile workforce has mandated that corporations to adopt robust BYOD programs, which ensure productivity both in and out of the workplace,” said Nolan Greene, senior research analyst, IDC.
“However, many organisations, especially those with lean IT departments, still struggle with securing device connections to the network. Organisations are therefore tasked with finding a solution that not only enables the mobile workforce, but also provides enterprise-level security, something Ruckus Wireless seeks to deliver to its customers.”
Many organisations expect frictionless BYOD and a common wireless-wired policy and security experience but IT is often unable to deliver on those expectations due to the inherent complexity of modern security infrastructure. Cloudpath software simplifies the deployment of enterprise-grade security, making powerful security much more accessible to lean IT teams.
Features and benefits of Cloudpath ES 5.0 software include:
• Strong security and centralised policy management. Cloudpath software provides a simplified Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) while using industry-standard x.509 digital certificates and granular policy assignment.
• A faster, better end-user experience. It takes users as little as 10 seconds to onboard each of their devices. Users don’t need to remember passwords, and no re-login is necessary when they move from network to network.
• Lower IT operating expense and product licensing cost. Unique user-based licensing enables better network planning and keeps costs under control as the number of devices per person increases.
• Integration with existing infrastructure. Cloudpath software works with existing wired and wireless access networks, network security firewalls, client operating systems and other common methods of ensuring security compliance.
• Tight integration with Brocade ICX switches. Cloudpath software can now be configured to push policies dynamically with RADIUS Change of Authorisation (CoA) and also perform Web authentication for wired clients.
“Managing devices, workflow and security policies has become more complex over the last decade for businesses of all sizes,” said Kevin Koster, chief architect and Cloudpath founder, Ruckus Wireless Business Unit, Brocade. “At the same time, many companies operate in various locations with multiple wireless networks.
“This creates complex IT management challenges. Cloudpath software addresses these pain points by delivering better security than most of our customers have now, and at a very low price. Cloudpath also works with existing infrastructure, eliminating the need to purchase and train on new, expensive and complex dedicated security appliances.”
“Before Cloudpath, we struggled with authentication, provisioning, securing and connecting both our students’ and teachers’ wireless devices across our 11 sites in both California and Washington,” said Bryant Wong, chief technology officer, Summit Public Schools. “After the deployment of Cloudpath, it was seamless. It just works."