Ericsson has established a strategic agreement with satellite provider SpeedCast International to provide communication services to the maritime sector, enabling both companies to expand their offerings to the market.
By selecting SpeedCast as its satellite connectivity solution partner, Ericsson will expand its end-to-end service solutions for shipping, ports and terminal customers using SpeedCast's global network and satellite communication services to support customers worldwide.
SpeedCast has established a strong track record of successfully delivering connectivity to the shipping sector, while Ericsson has become a top provider of end-to-end managed solutions to the shipping, port and terminal markets.
Through the partnership, Ericsson will be able to achieve significant economies of scale and an enhanced global infrastructure that enables it to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of services to its customers.
Both organisations will be able to drive revenue growth and operational efficiencies for their customers by combining their offerings, including:
• A tailored portfolio of connectivity services aimed at lowering operational costs, including global connectivity, data capture and operations analytics tools
• A global sales force and support organization that reaches all major shipping locations
• A satellite and ground-based network infrastructure that can provide customers connectivity across multiple frequency bands anywhere in the world
• Technologies that enhance connected vessel offerings and improve efficiencies across fleets
• Engineering, technical and managerial resources to effectively drive program management, product maintenance, and field support.
Pierre-Jean Beylier, CEO, SpeedCast International, said: "Becoming Ericsson's mobile connectivity supplier validates our competitive offering to the market and our relentless focus on quality of service.
“The seamless connectivity experience that we provide to Ericsson is crucial for their customers, and is available to vessels and shore operations regardless of their location. Ericsson's integration capabilities and end-to-end service offerings are unique in the sector and we are happy to explore new business models with them."
John Taxgaard, Head of Maritime, Customer Group Industry & Society, Ericsson, said: "SpeedCast provides us a flexible business model that fits our needs. The possibility of joining their connectivity platform and the resulting availability is a great fit for our managed services solutions. We are very pleased to have SpeedCast as our partner and we foresee huge benefits and successful implementations for both sides."
See also: Ericsson and Pole Star Space Applications target maritime sector