Sweden’s Handheld Group unveiled its latest rugged device today (12 July 2016) in the shape of the Nautiz X2 enterprise handheld device, which integrates a high-quality scanner, camera and mobile phone.
Handheld describes the Nautiz X2 as ‘an all-in-one mobile computer that can handle all the tasks of a day's work, with built-in ruggedness’. The device is suitable for use anywhere from a warehouse to more challenging outdoor environments with moisture, dust, extreme high or low temperatures and potential drops.
The Nautiz X2 offers a versatile set of features and capabilities including:
• Computing power from a quad-core processor and easy-to-use Android 5.1 Lollipop OS
• High-quality, high-speed scanners offer 1D or 2D capability
• The integrated camera offers 8-megapixel clarity, with autofocus and flash
• The Nautiz X2 delivers 4G/LTE Android phone functionality
• It comes with Google GMS, allowing users to use Google Maps and download Play Store apps
• The sunlight-readable 4.7-inch capacitive display offers multi-touch sensitivity.
The Nautiz X2 offers the best value among comparable handhelds, according to Handheld. But what sets it apart, the company believes, is its combination of small size, light weight and sleek design.
"The challenge in designing market leading devices in a given product category, is to balance key factors like technology, design, materials and general usability as well as keeping the cost in mind," said Johan Hed, Handheld Group director of product management.
"The brilliance of the Nautiz X2 is that it has that tangible in-the-hand sense of form and fit of high-end technology device, and we are still able to offer it at an impressive value."
The Nautiz X2 measures 150 mm x 73.5 mm, is just 16 mm deep at the keyboard, and weighs only 230 grams. It has an IP65 ingress protection rating against dust, sand and water immersion.
It also meets stringent MIL-STD-810G military test standards for overall durability and resistance to humidity, shock, vibrations, drop, salt and extreme temperatures. The touch screen is made of Gorilla Glass for increased durability.
Orders for the Nautiz X2 can be placed immediately. Full production is expected in July.