Millimetre wave wireless solutions provider Siklu has introduced the EtherHaul-500, an affordable V-band (60GHz) radio aimed at providing interference-free connectivity on the street.
The 60GHz band is characterised by abundant license-free spectrum, minimal reflections and narrow beam-width that enable dense link deployment. This makes solutions operating in 60GHz ideal for upgrading 5GHz networks, where spectrum is increasingly scarce.
The 60GHz band also provides predictable performance, as it experiences no beam interference. This is an advantage for mission critical environments, such as transmitting data from HD/4K video surveillance cameras and other safe city sensors, according to Siklu.
The EtherHaul-500 provides 200Mbps of real time, interference free connectivity. It utilises the ample 9GHz-wide V-Band spectrum in the most efficient way known today, the company said. With 11 non-overlapping full capacity channels, which are also user-selectable, the EtherHaul-500 provides the most scalable solution on the market for dense street-level networks.
The new EtherHaul-500 brings the advantages of 60GHz operation to any street level network. “We’ve made this new 60GHz radio so affordable, it makes economic sense for any case wireless connectivity is required,” said Siklu co-founder and chairman Izik Kirshenbaum. “We’re seeing high interest from integrators for video surveillance as well as other safe city networks providing mission critical connectivity in dense urban areas.”
As with other Siklu mmWave radios, the EtherHaul-500 is designed for easy installation and commissioning. It is equipped with embedded tools to optimise channel selection, load testing as well as zero-touch commissioning. Field-installation and support of Siklu radios can be performed by anyone, with minimal training.
• 100Mbps throughput as the default configuration, upgradable to 200Mbps throughput
• New frequencies (available in some countries, radio regulation dependent), 57-66GHz band and supporting three additional frequencies in the superior 64-66GHz range
• Networking – managed layer two switch: fully configurable Ethernet switch, simplifying the deployment and management process
• Point-to-point, ring, daisy-chain configurations, with fail-over capabilities
• Multi-port ODU with three Gigabit Ethernet port, PoE+In and two x PoE+Out ports, provides speedy, seamless deployment.
The EtherHaul-500 is being showcased at the IFSEC International exhibition in London 21-23 June 2016, stand E750.