Motorola Solutions has announced that its WAVE 7000 broadband push-to-talk (PTT) application for use across broadband and land mobile radio (LMR) networks is now available globally.
The latest version of WAVE is targeted at public safety agencies, which are increasingly relying on smart devices and data. Many countries are looking to set up nationwide broadband PTT networks to augment their existing narrowband communications networks.
Until now, the challenge has been creating those networks while maintaining interoperability with fully established networks such as LMR. WAVE 7000 combines Motorola Solutions’ LMR integration with a high-performance PTT solution designed to support millions of users.
LTE service providers can also use WAVE 7000 to provide a new service to their current customers, unlock new customer bases and increase their revenue by providing subscribers with high-performance PTT, the company said.
“Many of our customers expect that their networks over the next 20 years will be comprised of a combination of LMR and LTE systems,” said Jeff Spaeth, vice president of Systems and Software Enablement at Motorola Solutions. “With WAVE 7000, customers are provided a unified experience across LMR and LTE that will keep teams connected no matter the network.”
The WAVE 7000 solution will enable PTT capabilities on the new Emergency Services Network (ESN) public safety communications system as part of Motorola Solutions´ contract with the UK Home Office.
The company is the provider of user services for the new LTE-based broadband network which 300,000 emergency and public service users at more than 300 agencies across Great Britain will rely on.
WAVE 7000 is the latest release of a wider portfolio that enables groups using any combination of smartphones, radios or other devices to communicate seamlessly.
Along with high reliability and good call quality, WAVE 7000 also has the following features:
- Network-level priority and preemption that ensure high-priority PTT calls get through even when an LTE network gets congested, which is critical for public safety customers
- Emergency calls, ambient listening and hardware-based encryption, along with other features custom designed for public safety users
- A roadmap to meet 3GPP Release 13 standards called Mission-Critical PTT
- Combined with Motorola’s Convergence Suite, unified PTT, mapping, messaging and other functions across LMR and LTE
- Support for hundreds of thousands of users on a single server and millions with server clustering
- High levels of availability through local and geo redundancy options
- Flexible PTT call types including emergency, broadcast, group and private calls.
With the increasing mobility in teams and need for constant connectivity, push-to-talk communications are more important than ever. Many customers look to leverage both LMR and LTE for enhanced coverage, reliability and flexibility. WAVE 7000 provides a clear solution, with unified, secure PTT so users can communicate across any network on any device.