IoT cloud platform provider Kii and Haltian, an electronics design and production house, have announced a new portable tracker and communication device called ‘Snowfox’. This next generation tracking solution consists of a durable and portable device with voice calling, GPS tracking and an app – all backed by Kii’s IoT platform.
This collaboration between Kii and Haltian delivers a solution to help address the highest priority for any parent – their child’s safety. Today there are several kid trackers in the market, but with Snowfox, which has an embedded SIM card and is ready out of the box, the key differentiators that make it stand apart include:
• Powerful two-way calling feature, including a simple button that can work as a panic button or a simple check-in button
• Reliability – with accurate GPS tracking
• Rugged all-weatherproof design that is impact-resistant
• Multiple geo-fencing zone capabilities that allows a parent to see the tracker's most recent location, create no-go zones and get notifications when a tracker reaches or leaves a specific place
• Simple design – both in the device (for kids) and in the app (for parents) – makes the solution very easy to use and adaptable
• Cool, attractive-looking and colourful designs that can be easily attached to a zipper or jacket or onto a child’s backpack/bag.
“As a spin off from Nokia, our top notch engineers are the best in the world able to create such an easy to use and reliable wireless tracking device as Snowfox,” said Pasi Leipälä, Haltian’s CEO. “This product gives parents added peace of mind by enabling a ‘connected circle of care’ between loved ones.”
“Successful IoT device adoption depends on seamless integration of different parts of the solution – the device, the back end, the app, connectivity – and with Snowfox, Kii and Haltian have achieved just that, which is why we are thrilled with this collaboration,” said Masanari Arai, CEO of Kii. “With the combination of Haltian’s hardware and software design and Kii’s highly scaled back-end solution, we see Snowfox as a ‘best-of-breed’ in kids tracking today.”
Snowfox was featured on the Haltian booth (Hall 5 Stand 5C43) at Mobile World Congress, Barcelona on 22-25 February 2016. The devices will be commercially available in Q2 2016 in selected markets. More information about the product and its availability can be found at http://www.snowfox.family.
See also: Kii looks to create a new go-to-market commercial model for IoT