Nokia is demonstrating at Mobile World Congress 2016 how its IoT related end-to-end capabilities support operators and enterprises in addressing numerous use cases and business models in the rapidly developing IoT market.
Nokia said it is combining its network infrastructure with secure IoT connectivity, distributed cloud, as well as IoT platforms with applications and analytics. Nokia's IoT services complement this with expertise to design, integrate and customize the IoT solutions.
Nokia said its demonstrations will show how IoT will open up opportunities in connected mobility, smart cities, public safety and healthcare, the connected home, and many other areas. For operators, Nokia's complete portfolio simplifies the management of IoT connections and the development of IoT applications.
Nokia's IoT Community is designed to engage organizations from multiple industries in collaborating on new business models for IoT use cases. The Community aims to validate these models and expand Nokia's IoT partner ecosystem for radio and device certification with leading device and application vendors. This collaboration will accelerate the delivery of IoT solutions and create more business value.
The company supports all three 3GPP IoT radio technologies, NB-IoT, EC-GSM and eMTC to meet the varying connection requirements of different applications. These technologies help provide low-cost connectivity, improve indoor and rural coverage and increase IoT device battery life significantly to support remote sensors and meters.
IoT solution at a glance:
- Nokia's IoT portfolio brings a flexible, secure, and scalable multi-tenant platform that is device-agnostic and helps operators and enterprise customers to rapidly develop, rollout and support new applications and business models.
- The Connectivity Management feature helps operators manage the rapidly growing number of connections from sensors and devices, especially when they use SIM connections.
- Application Platforms let operators create customized IoT applications and services quickly and cost-effectively.
- Device management capabilities are designed for rapid, remote deployment of any device, sensor, meter, or module, and Nokia supports all current IoT device management standards.
- Nokia's IoT services provide the expertise to design, integrate and customize connectivity management platforms and application layers to cater to the specific needs of different verticals.