Icom has unveiled its new IC-F3202DEX ATEX digital radio series built to meet IEC Ex/ATEX based I/S specifications. This means they are safe to use in hazardous environments where there is a danger from explosive gases and combustible dust such as in the oil, mining and chemical industries, where workers may have to face these kinds of threats on a daily basis.
In dPMR digital format the IC-F3202DEX ATEX Digital Series provides basic conventional operation, as well as a dPMR Mode 2 multi-site radio system. The radio also features lone worker and man down functions which automatically send an emergency signal should a worker be in trouble, an extra consideration for those looking for a complete ATEX health and safety solution.
The IC-F3202DEX ATEX digital series provides rugged protection against dust and water, equivalent to IP67. The IC-F3202DEX series can withstand 1m depth of water for 30 minutes and its dust-tight construction shuts out powder dust, sand and other small particles.
The IC-F3202DEX radios will work perfectly as an analogue ATEX system, but they are also ready for future digital migration should customers wish to add radios to their ATEX fleet over time. The radio has built-in 5-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS signalling capability for analogue mode group communication and selective calling.
The ATEX approved BP-277EX Li-ion battery provides up to 21 hours of operating time (* 5:5:90 duty cycles with Power save.) An optional HM-203EX waterproof speaker-microphone is also available for added convenience.
IC-F3202DEX digital radio specifications
• Mining : I M2 Ex ib I Mb
• Gas : II 2G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb
• Dust : II 2D Ex ib IIIC T110°C Db –20°C≤Ta≤+55°C
• EN 60079-0 (2012), EN 60079-11 (2012)
• Mining : Ex ib I Mb
• Gas : Ex ib IIC T4 Gb
• Dust : Ex ib IIIC T110°C Db –20°C≤Ta≤+55°C
• IEC 60079-0 (2011), IEC 60079-11 (2011)
dPMR Mode 1 & 2 Operation
The IC-F3202DEX/F4202DEX series provides basic operation in dPMR Mode 1 or 2 conventional modes. It is compatible with Mode 2 multi-site system. The following dPMR features are programmable:
• PTT ID (TX)
• Individual/Group call
• Power ON/OFF status call (TX)
• Stun/kill/revive (RX)
• Ambience listening (RX)
• Emergency (TX)
• Lone worker/Man down function
• Digital voice scrambler
• Voting scan for Mode 2 multi-site system
Man down and lone worker functions for emergency call
The IC-F3202DEX/F4202DEX series has built-in 5-Tone, 2-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS signalling capability for analogue mode group communication and selective calling. The lone worker and man down functions automatically send an emergency signal to assist in worker safety. The radio is perfect for use as an analogue transceiver ready for future digital migration.
• 16 memory channels with channel announcement function
• BIIS 1200 PTT ID transmission
• DTMF autodial
• Three programmable buttons (including emergency red button)
• Low electrical resistivity body; carrying case is not required
• Up to 21 hours* operating time with BP-277EX (* 5:5:90 duty cycle with Power save.)
• Optional waterproof speaker-microphone, HM-203EX.