Cambium Networks has launched a new range of 802.11ac Wi-Fi products along with a new network management platform. cnPilot comprises a suite of 802.11ac Wi-Fi products for use in home, enterprise, and industrial networks, which are managed through cnMaestro, the company’s new cloud-based network lifecycle management platform.
The cnPilot portfolio consists of the following WiFi models:
• cnPilot Home and Small Business 802.11ac and 802.11n access points with integrated ATA
• cnPilot Indoor Gigabit 802.11ac enterprise grade dual-band access point
• cnPilot Outdoor 802.11ac dual band access point
• ePMP Hotspot Single Band 802.11n single band.
Commenting on cnPilot, Atul Bhatnagar, president and CEO, Cambium Networks, said: “The segment we are targeting has been historically underserved. We saw a need in the market for a middle ground between complex, expensive solutions geared toward large enterprises, and inexpensive equipment that becomes unreliable to scale.”
cnPilot is currently running live network traffic with beta customers in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It is available through Cambium Networks’ global distribution network and will begin shipping mid-September 2015.
cnPilot is managed by cnMaestro, which provides end-to-end network lifecycle management. cnMaesto assists cnPilot’s ease of deployment by handling network planning, inventory management, onboarding of devices, daily operation and any network maintenance issues.
cnMaestro, which is available in the cloud or deployable on premise, was built from the ground up for secure, end-to-end network lifecycle management: inventory management, onboarding devices, daily operations and maintenance. By offering full visibility across the entirety of a network, cnMaestro greatly simplifies management of all network devices, according to Cambium. The key capabilities of cnMaestro include:
Full visibility across the network
• Single pane of glass to manage an entire network, including backhaul point-to-point (PTP) links, point-to-multipoint (PMP) access and WiFi
• Dedicated dashboards for each device, with common and centralized upgrade and device configuration workflows to minimize the learning curve for network managers
Client end-to-end troubleshooting
• One-click functionality reveals the entire chain of network nodes related to the problem area, displaying the results of performance and latency tests, as well as sub-system level health checks on a single screen
• Managers will see network elements on Google maps or floor maps that may be causing issues and determine timely solution
• Define device configurations in advance and have them automatically applied at the time of installation
• Ensure large networks are kept up to date by easily managing software upgrades and configuration changes
• Manages, configures, and coordinates Cambium Networks’ WiFi access points (AP) to aggregate network statistics, push network access policies, enable seamless roaming between locations and host turnkey guest access for public Wi-Fi hotspots
cnMaestro’s built-in Wi-Fi controller for cnPilot comes with key Wi-Fi hotspot solution features that aid in rolling out guest Wi-Fi access and monetisation of Wi-Fi networks. Wi-Fi controller manages and coordinates all Wi-Fi APs and presents aggregated network statistics, allowing network operators to centrally manage network access policies across APs and ensure a consistent user experience.
With all APs visible from a single dashboard, network operators can easily manage multiple locations and organise high density deployments, resulting in an enhanced Wi-Fi experience for their subscribers.
“Our aim in developing cnMaestro was to resolve as many pain points related to network visibility and management as possible for our customers. We created a cloud-based solution with a simple, one-click real-time view to everything happening in the network,” said Bhatnagar.
“As industrial, enterprise and residential networks are continually pressed to provide high-quality connectivity, security and scalability to support growth plans, cnMaestro will become a tremendously valuable asset in helping businesses operate more efficiently and profitably.”
cnMaestro will become available globally mid-September 2015.