Hytera UK has announced the availability of its series 4 PD405 and PD415 DMR radios. The company said the radios offer a ‘great range of features at excellent value for money, with no compromise on quality’. They are designed to be easy to use and durable, rated to IP55 and IP54 respectively, both meeting MIL-STD 810 C/D/E/F/G standards.
The company is targeting both the PD405 and PD415 (pictured) for use in security, residential, hotel and warehousing environments, or for any company switching from analogue to digital, but still with a mixed infrastructure.
Both devices have the analogue and digital mixed channel feature. This allows handsets to detect both analogue and digital signals, automatically switching between the two modes to receive them on a single channel, replying to received calls whilst the talk back timer remains.
The PD415 Digital Patrol Radio, is aimed at industries such as security where the RFID tag has become a widespread ID token. The PD415’s embedded RFID tag can read tags and then transmit that information, making it a good choice for patrol guards.
The radio can be fully integrated with the Hytera Patrol System – a real time tour guard solution. The RFID system also has an open API allowing third party software developers to produce their own applications for the technology.
Both handsets include the following features:
• A full range of voice call features including private, group and all call
• Small, sleek and light design.
• Long life battery with 16hrs of life in digital mode under a 5-5-90 duty cycle @ 1500mAh
• Pre-programmed text messages with support for one-touch text and voice messages
• Dual Mode, supporting analogue and digital signals, with automatic switch over thanks to analogue & digital mixed channel feature
• DMRA – Direct Mode TDMA (true 2-slot) supports two simultaneous voice calls on a single frequency
• Voice Operated Transmit (VOX) – allows the operator to trigger voice transmission by voice directly (no need to press the PTT button).
The handsets are available now from Hytera UK dealers.