Internet of Things (IoT) cloud platform provider Kii has collaborated with LED manufacturer Yankon Lighting to produce IoT smart lighting solutions for homes and offices. The smart lighting products, which can be accessed through a smartphone, have adopted a system-on-a-chip solution provided by MediaTek, the integrated circuit (IC) design company.
The products are aimed at providing consumers and enterprises with a more low cost, comfortable, convenient, energy-efficient lighting system. The smart lighting system incorporates the following core features:
• Multi-request demand capabilities like high brightness settings that feature low power consumption
• Long product life with free maintenance for repairs
• Excellent waterproof and heat dissipation characteristics to hold up under any temperature, environment or climate
• Timing control options that can help save manpower and power consumption at home or in the office
• Remote control operations can support pre-turn on lighting and ensure power consumption with a turn-off unction when a user is not home/in the office
• Scene setting for full customisation of colour adjustments and brightness settings for different lighting effects.
Kii will provide its end-to-end cloud platform to enable smart lighting app solutions for Yankon’s app, allowing users to intelligently control lighting equipment on both Android and iOS.
Masanari Arai CEO of Kii, said: “With Yankon’s planned production of over 80 million units per year, we expect to have Kii enable up to 20% of these devices, and we will look to increase that number as smart lighting becomes increasingly popular.”
“Our prior development and production experience accumulated in LED lighting, has allowed us to stake our claim in the smart lighting space,” said Yong Guan, Yankon Lighting’s general manager. “Through our partnership with Kii, we have achieved intelligent lighting control to meet the energy-saving and convenience features which today’s consumers demand, while simultaneously improving the added value of LED lighting products.”