China Mobile Shanghai has chosen to deploy Nokia Network small cell as part of its TD-LTE Advanced HetNet solution at Auto Shanghai 2015. The event was held at the China Expo Complex, which is the world's largest building.
Nokia Networks implemented its Flexi Zone TD-LTE small cells to ramp up China Mobile's network capacity to manage the immense amount of wireless data traffic generated by 1 million visitors.
During the course of the 10-day event, the peak hours saw 100,000 simultaneous TD-LTE users, as most of the 1 million visitors used multiple applications to share pictures and videos.
With macro parity, and complemented by Nokia Smart Scheduler, Flexi Zone TD-LTE small cells ensured excellent network availability while managing wireless data with up to 600 simultaneous active TD-LTE users per cell - setting an industry benchmark in terms of indoor small cell performance, Nokia claimed.
Summary of the solutions and services delivered by Nokia Networks:
• TD-LTE Advanced HetNet solution, consisting of macro Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station and Flexi Zone TD-LTE small cells
• Cloud-ready network management system, NetAct, for effective and consolidated monitoring and optimisation of China Mobile's TD-LTE and small cell network
• Nokia Networks' Global Service Delivery experts provided planning, configuration and monitoring services to identify the best locations to deploy Flexi Zone for indoor coverage and supported on-site implementation
• Nokia Smart Scheduler for optimising cell capacity and network efficiency through effective management of uplink interference, signalling capacity, control channel dimensioning and load balancing
• Data optimisation to enable real-time monitoring of user experience (Key Quality Indicators).
Bu Tong, General Manager of Network Department, China Mobile Shanghai, said: "China Mobile leverages the entire spectrum of TD-LTE to deliver the best possible mobile broadband services to subscribers.
“This strategic engagement with Nokia Networks proves that our infrastructure is already at the next level - strengthened and equipped to deliver superb performance in the face of the data deluge on wireless networks."
Mark Atkinson, Vice President, Small Cells Business Line, Nokia Networks, said: "After proving the capabilities of our small cell solution in an outdoor environment, the landmark performance at the world's largest building underpins the fact that our Flexi Zone portfolio is equally adept at ensuring cutting-edge service delivery in indoor scenarios.
“Most importantly, this achievement also highlights the expertise and capabilities of our service teams in terms of delivering optimum customer experience with our indoor small cell solutions."