At TM Forum Live! in Nice, Amdocs, the customer experience solutions provider, today (2 June 2015) announced the launch of Amdocs CES 9.3, the company’s latest portfolio release introducing new solutions for online commerce, interactive bills, big data marketing, care and network analytics, as well as cross-portfolio enhancements to improve system performance.
The company claimed this will enable service providers ‘to inspire customers with exciting services, create intelligent interactions and deliver a dynamic quality of experience, all the while accelerating business value’.
Amdocs CES 9.3 spans industry-specific business and operational support systems (B/OSS) and network control and optimisation systems. It enables service providers to respond to the multi-dimensional market demands that are driving ‘The New World of Customer Experience’, an era where service providers are expected to offer innovative and personalised services, delivered consistently across channels and with a seamless network service experience.
This latest portfolio release also accelerates business value for service providers by streamlining complex operating environments, driving cost reduction and speeding time to market for new products and services.
Amdocs CES 9.3 highlights include:
Enabling exciting new digital services with a consistent, omni-channel experience:
• Amdocs Commerce solution allows service providers to quickly create, manage and sell multi-play communications services bundled with hard goods, across all online channels, to both existing customers and anonymous online shoppers. The solution supports purchase and re-contracting flows, from discovery to delivery, through a single all-inclusive catalogue and customer-facing system.
• Amdocs Omni-Channel Billing Experience solution adds new interactive HTML email bill capabilities and multi-channel bill distribution. Customers can now easily access bill information and drill down into usage and charges in both online and offline modes. Customers can also pay or dispute charges and explore personalised promotion offers from the online bill.
Personalised experiences, delivered intelligently:
• Announced last month, Amdocs’ expanded big data analytics offering includes new applications targeted to help service providers effectively extract and manage data from multiple sources and generate actionable insights to improve marketing and customer care operations. These include automated offers based on customer history and preferences, and identifying and resolving customer interaction issues before they occur.
Dynamic quality of experience:
• Amdocs Deep Network Analytics, also part of Amdocs’ expanded big data analytics offering announced last month, helps service providers proactively improve data service quality, create personalized offers based on data usage and subscriber behaviour, tune network policies to ensure optimal quality of experience, and plan network build-out investments to maximise return on investment.
• Enhanced Amdocs Omni Convergent Charging solution now allows for data consumed by roaming customers to be serviced by the visiting network instead of the home network, enabling the same quality of experience enjoyed on home networks while roaming.
Accelerated business value through operational efficiencies:
• Cross-portfolio improvements include the addition of cross-site recovery processes and new tools for optimising configuration processes, in order to minimise disaster recovery time and ensure always-on availability and service continuity during systems upgrades.
• Process improvements within Amdocs’ billing solutions shorten billing cycles, increase system scalability, reduce the number of stuck orders, and avoid unnecessary collection processes.
• Amdocs Resource Manager includes new workflow management capabilities and user interface support for new types of end-to-end network visualizations with the ability to search across third-party data-sources. This helps accelerate design and assign activities, improve service assurance, and reduce costly design rework.
• Amdocs Order Delivery Orchestrator solution, announced earlier this year, enables orchestration of complex enterprise orders across traditional and virtualised services, helping service providers to quickly introduce multiple new service offers to their business customers.
“Customers have become more tech-savvy. They expect service providers to constantly raise the innovation bar with new digital services, while providing better network service, a more personalised customer experience and complete information consistency across channels. And they want control over the whole process,” said Mark Mortensen, BSS Practice Head at Analysys Mason.
“Integrated suites, such as Amdocs CES 9.3, can ensure the delivery of such a customer-controlled high-quality experience across all these dimensions. It is not just about incrementally making things better – to thrive and grow, the traditional communications service providers of today must become the digital service providers of tomorrow.”
“Addressing customer experience across all these multiple dimensions adds further complexity to service providers’ already complex systems environments, especially when business agility is critical to addressing new regulations and heightened competition from consolidated players and over-the-top entrants,” said Chris Williams, head of global marketing at Amdocs.
“It’s therefore critical for service providers to find ways to introduce operational efficiencies and accelerate business value. Amdocs CES 9.3 delivers cross-portfolio enhancements which improve systems performance, ensuring our customers can offer new services in a timely manner amidst this complexity, while lowering operational costs.”