China Mobile's Shanghai branch and Nokia Networks deployed the first TD-LTE Advanced HetNet solution with carrier aggregation at an international sports event in Shanghai.
Nokia Networks implemented its Flexi Zone TD-LTE small cells for scaling up China Mobile's network capacity to manage the huge amount of wireless data traffic generated by 49,000 subscribers at the event, with more than half of this traffic carried by small cells.
With Nokia Networks' solutions and services expertise, subscribers enjoyed an ultra-fast mobile broadband experience, complemented by superior network availability, coverage and capacity.
During the 3-day event, traffic load in the network scaled a new high as many of the 145,000 visitors used multiple apps to share pictures and videos (49,000 TD-LTE users at peak). With macro software parity and Nokia Smart Scheduler, Flexi Zone TD-LTE small cells delivered excellent network availability while managing wireless data with up to 600 simultaneous active TD-LTE users per cell - supporting more simultaneous users than typical outdoor small cells.
Solutions and services provided by Nokia Networks:
• TD-LTE Advanced HetNet solution, comprised of macro Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station and Flexi Zone TD-LTE small cells
• Cloud-ready network management system, NetAct, for effective and consolidated monitoring and optimization of China Mobile's TD-LTE and small cell network
• Nokia Smart Scheduler for optimizing cell capacity and network efficiency through effective management of uplink interference, signalling capacity, control channel dimensioning and load balancing
• Data Optimisation E2E solution for real time monitoring of user experience (Key Quality Indicators)
• Global Service Delivery experts helped with planning, configuration and remote monitoring to support the successful implementation of Flexi Zone by the on-site team.