Aruba Networks today (4 March 2015) introduced a branch office networking solution that collapses the complicated patchwork of branch appliances and access servers into a single, compact cloud services platform.
Aruba 7000 series Cloud Services Controllers are designed to eliminate the time, cost and complexity of managing disparate single-purpose point products in the branch, while enabling businesses to extract more value from existing cloud-based unified communication and firewall investments.
“Consolidating all required branch IT functions into a single, centrally-managed package is the preferred approach to extending operations essentially anywhere,” said Craig Mathias, principal, Farpoint Group. “Aruba has taken the lead here with the 7000 series, which is very easy to use and cost-effective.”
Growing legions of enterprise applications and services are migrating to public and private clouds because businesses can realize significant performance gains while saving up to 48% per site (result derived by comparing the hardware and software costs of legacy router appliances to the Aruba 7000 series Cloud Services Controller) – all while having centralised visibility and control across every branch location.
The Aruba 7000 series collapses a wide set of enterprise network capabilities into a single networking platform for the branch:
- Zero-Touch Provisioning – Eliminates the time, cost and complexity of lighting-up branch office networks.
- Triple the Resiliency – Supports two Ethernet broadband WAN connections and a 3G/4G LTE cellular back-up link for assured business continuity in virtually all conditions. Branches that use certificate-based 802.1X RADIUS with EAP-TLS get uninterrupted service even if RADIUS servers are unreachable.
- Programmable Policy Enforcement Firewall – Delivers context-aware control to a variety of branch networking requirements, namely:
- Web Content Filtering – Provides web content filtering to create contextual policies based on web site reputation.
- Microsoft Lync Mobile Unified Communications – Automatically integrates with Lync Server 2013 SDN API and fingerprints hosted Lync Online traffic for a better user experience across the WAN.
- Integration with Palo Alto Networks Firewalls – Automatically extends threat protection to every branch, for mobile devices and users by context, with no additional hardware or software.
- Performance Gains for Cloud-based Applications – WAN optimization and application visibility and control with AppRF technology improve the performance of business-critical apps in the cloud.
- Advanced Routing – Implements context-based routing across dual Ethernet WAN and LTE WAN links to preserve bandwidth for prioritized, business-critical traffic.
Pricing and availability
The Aruba 7000 Series Cloud Services Controller hardware is available today with all the services listed being delivered in the second quarter of 2015. Pricing starts at $1,495 US list.