Hytera introduced three license-free digital radios at PMR Expo in Cologne this week (25-27 November 2014). The devices operate in the 446MHz frequency range and therefore support license-free operation according to the DMR Tier I standard.
Hytera believes it is the first manufacturer on the market to offer DMR Tier I radios. Pictured above from left to right: PD365LF, PD355LF and the PD505LF.
Hytera is recommending the PD355LF and PD365LF models for those customers who are interested in getting started in professional mobile radio. The company says the compact size of the three radios is designed to be appealing to first time two-way digital radio users. Other key functions include:
- Charging and programming via micro-USB interface
- Versatile voice calls: individual call, group call, and broadcast call on digital channels
- Text messages: supports up to 10 preprogrammed text messages, which can be selected and sent directly on the device
- An illuminated display.
The PD505LF is intended for experienced users and a harsher environment. The radio comes with basic Hytera encryption and a wide portfolio of accessories designed to make the radio a secure and versatile device in professional mobile radio. Other key features of the PD505LF are:
- Dust and water protection according to IP54
- Shock and vibration resistance according to MIL-STD-810 C/D/E/F/G
- Scan function for analog or digital channels: The radio's scan function searches for preprogrammed channels. If a call is detected on a channel, the device stays on that channel until the call is over.
- TDMA direct mode for DMR: One frequency supports two calls simultaneously.
More information on the new license-free digital handheld radios can be found here: www.dmrtier1.com