Icom UK is launching the IC-F1000 Series, a compact portable radio with convenient features such as a built-in motion sensor, channel announcement function, loud audio and a rugged waterproof and dustproof chassis.
The radio is deemed ideal for a wide range of businesses such as those involved in the construction, education, hospitality, retail, and facility management sectors.
Icom's new IC-F1000 radios are IP67 for waterproof and dustproof protection. The radio's slim casing can withstand submersion in one meter of water for 30 minutes and prevents the ingress of powder dust, sand, mud and other debris. The waterproof battery pack (BP-279) provides 14 hours of typical operating time. Like all Icom radios, the F1000 Series meets tough MIL-STD 810 military specifications.
The IC-F1000 Series is available in VHF (IC-F1000) and UHF (IC-F2000). VHF and UHF versions each have three different interface options to suit different customer requirements. They are:
• No display – IC-F1000 (VHF)/IC-F2000 (UHF)
• Display with 4 keys – IC-F1000S (VHF)/IC-F2000S (UHF)
• Display with full DTMF keypad – IC-F1000T (VHF)/IC-F2000T (UHF) - pictured above.
The IC-F1000 promotes practical emergency features such as a built-in motion sensor. The radio detects states of motion/non-motion and can send an emergency signal accordingly.
Additionally, the IC-F1000 includes programmable ‘man down’ and ‘lone worker’ emergency functions. An alert is sent to fellow workers or base when the radio is left in a horizontal position or not operated for an extended period of time.
As an added convenience, the radio's channel announcement function reports the selected channel by rotating the channel knob. This allows users to make radio adjustments without having to look at the radio. To ensure secure conversation, the F1000 has a built-in inversion voice scrambler with up to 16 selectable codes.
Ian Lockyer, marketing manager at Icom UK, said: ‘The IC-F1000 series is a true all-rounder. Its IP67 rating for dust and waterproofing is unlike anything else in the market for this tier of radio. With built in voice scrambler and its impressive light weight, you truly have a hand portable that the two way radio market desires. You are really getting value for money with Icom's new IC-F1000 series.’
• Available in 6 versions to suit business requirements
• IP67 waterproof and dust-tight protection (1 metre depth for 30 mins)
• Built-in motion sensor
• Easy to hear in a noisy environment
• Inversion voice scrambler
• 14 hours of operating time with supplied waterproof battery
• Quiet stand-by and more
• Channel announcement
• 8 DTMF autodial memories
• BIIS PTT ID and emergency call
• ‘Shift key’ function increases number of programmable key assignments
• Surveillance function
• Escalating alarm
• Optional HM-168LWP, waterproof speaker-mic.