Hytera’s compact PD3 Series of handheld DMR two-way radios is now available in Europe. The aim of the PD3 series is to expand the company’s product portfolio with DMR handheld radios in a practical pocket-sized format.
The PD355 (pictured right) and PD365 (left with external antenna) radios address a completely new market are intended for everyday usage in catering, the hotel industry and the retail trade. The idea is to provide small, easy to use radios that provide good value for money.
The radios feature a compact, lightweight design suited to everyday working life. An LC display simplifies the operation of the devices. Other functions of the PD3 series include:
• Selectable transmitting power: 1.5 W or 3 W
• Analogue signalling: CTCSS, CDCSS
• Shock and vibration resistance according to MIL-STD-810 C/D/E/F/G
• DMR text messages with up to 64 characters
• Four programmable keys
• Charging and programming via Micro-USB interface
• Scan function for analogue and digital channels
• Versatile voice calls, such as individual call, group call and broadcast call in digital channels
• Protection against dust and water as per degree of protection IP54.
The PD3 series was developed in compliance with the ETSI Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) standard. The devices support conventional DMR operation and can also be operated in analogue mode.