Hytera’s latest DMR mobile radios are now available in Europe its German subsidiary Hyteral Mobilfunk has announced. The DMR product portfolio is being expanded with the arrival of the MD655 and the MD655G, which also includes GPS.
Hytera describes the radio as very slimmed down and compact with respect to its design. With its dimensions (165 × 46 × 140 mm) and a weight of only 1050g, the mobile radio can be used in a multitude of ways.
The MD655/MD655G is operated completely via the handheld microphone, which contains all necessary buttons and also an LCD display. This allows the user more freedom for operation and, in particular, expands the installation options inside the vehicle.
On top of that, two buttons can be freely programmed to assign important functions to them. Programming the MD655/MD655G allows the user to adapt the transmitting power from 1W up to 25W.
Additional properties of the MD655 include:
• Optional analogue or digital operation
• Data services, such as text messages, group text messages or control of the mobile station via an API
• Versatile voice calls, such as individual call, group call, broadcast call, emergency call, data call
• Secure DMR encryption with encryption algorithm ARC4 (40 bit) in accordance with DMRA or with optional algorithms AES128 and AES256 (128 and 256 bit)
• Upgradeable software
• GPS functions (MD655G only)
In addition, the MD655 features an expansion interface to which applications developed by partners, as well as accessories, can be connected.