Spirent Communications is now offering ArmorHub, a cloud-based vulnerability scanning service for website owners, application developers, API managers and anyone with an Internet presence.
ArmorHub, together with Blitz.io, delivers a comprehensive set of cloud-based services for security assessment and load testing. With this new subscription-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering, Spirent has created an easy and affordable solution for developers, web management teams and marketing agencies, enabling confidence in the performance and security of their products.
Key highlights of the solution include:
- Checks for OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and a proprietary collection of the most common exploits and malware
- Sets-up and runs security scans in 30 seconds by inserting a link or API on the website without the need to download or install software
- Schedules recurring scans and provides notification when new vulnerabilities are found on the site, ensuring security threats are addressed immediately
- Reassesses over 85 vulnerabilities quickly and easily as changes are made to any website, application or API
- Scans web frameworks such as Rails, Django, and Node.js as well as small business platforms such as WordPress, Magento and Joomla
- Downloads security badges so end-customers have increased confidence in the safety and performance of the app or website.
“As we work with clients to create and rollout creative web applications, it is critical for us to make sure the apps work flawlessly with millions of downloads and do not cause security threats that may impact our clients’ reputations,” said Rob Lowe, head of digital at Mason Zimbler.
“ArmorHub makes website security more accessible and affordable, allowing us to focus on creative development and not have to worry about vulnerabilities and performance issues. ArmorHub builds certainly on the benefits of Blitz.io which helps less technical users implement complex load-testing of websites and apps.”
Brian Buege, general manager, Enterprise Solutions at Spirent, said: “Spirent acquired this service offering with the goal of making website and applications development more of a fun sport, with easy testing and security scanning and without the need for any scripting experience,”
“Users already love Blitz.io, and asked us for a cloud-based vulnerability scanner along the same lines. Together, ArmorHub and Blitz.io offer a validation and assessment service on the same friendly platform… and this is just the beginning.”