As part of its Visibility Architecture offering, Ixia has introduced its most advanced, highest capacity platform that is designed to provide three times the visibility in half the rack space for enterprise and service provider applications. With this increased visibility, Ixia helps customers ensure their networks are equipped to support and manage rapid increases in bandwidth and user application complexity as well as to meet the need for expanded visibility into the unseen virtual network with existing monitoring tool investments.
Ixia’s newest network packet broker, the Net Tool Optimizer 7300, leads the industry in density, scalability and performance. It helps service providers and enterprises to improve real-time insights into the data traversing the network.
The increased visibility allows customers to assess the network’s ability to handle new service or application deployments to monitor traffic from a rapidly growing user base, maintain data security and privacy monitoring and more quickly diagnose and resolve critical issues.
The NTO 7300 is an upgradeable visibility platform that easily integrates into any network or data centre environment to:
- Optimise existing 1GbE and 10GbE monitoring tools in order to achieve total application and network visibility, even after migrating the core to 40GbE.
- Provide industry-leading density, scalability and performance that gives IT teams the capability to monitor rapid changes in the network.
- Offer a platform solution that provides a “pay-as-you-grow” upgrade path.
- Save on CAPEX and OPEX with a compact footprint by using less rack space and power.
In addition, the high-density NTO 7300 will:
- Help eliminate blind spots that occur as a result of the ever-increasing network complexity.
- Allow for elegantly scalable network visibility with existing visibility tools ensuring that application data is sent to the right tools at the right time.
- Provide the capability to automate new service provisioning and orchestration.
- Enable better security and oversight with increased visibility into anomalies that could result in security breaches or non-compliance situations.
With its Visibility Architecture, Ixia provides customers with a one-stop shop for all their visibility needs. This architecture helps companies achieve end-to-end visibility and security in their physical and virtual networks with carrier-grade scalability and reliability, high performance and superior manageability and control.
“As networks grow, the demand for the right tool to see the right data at the right time has never been more prevalent,” said Mike Simmonds, managing director of Axial, a leading supplier of network visibility solutions in the UK. “Scaling the network to meet user demands never stops, and the need for security and analysis scales with it.
“That’s where Ixia’s NTO 7300 really pays dividends – it occupies minimal space, and provides maximum visibility as the speed and complexity of the network grows. It helps provide precise insight into the traffic under observation and accurately copies what is needed to the right tools for analysis and effective and timely action," said Simmonds.