Icom UK has revealed some details of its new series of digital intrinsically safe ATEX two-way radios ahead of their launch later this year.
The radios meet IEC Ex/ATEX based I/S specifications for the oil, mining and chemical industries. The new IC-F3200DEX/F4200DEX (pictured) is a full intrinsically safe model thanks to its specially designed conductive plastic body and resin inside filling.
The model can be used without a leather case and still remain ATEX approved. Other models on the market typically require the leather case for I/S rating.
The radio is compatible with the following intrinsically safety specifications:
- IEC Ex IEC 60079-0/IEC 60079-11
- Gas: Ex ib IIC T4 Gb
- Dust: Ex ib IIIC T110C Db
- Mining: Ex ib I Mb
- ATEX EN 60079-0/EN 60079-11
- Gas: II2G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb
- Dust: II2G Ex ib IIIC T110C Db
- Mining: I M2 Ex ib I Mb.
Planned features include:
- Two versions 136-174/400-470 version, 1W, 16CH, dPMR Mode 2 digital transceiver
- Two programmable buttons, top mounted red emergency button, 16-position channel selector and switch + volume knob
- Standard man-down function with improved timer setting
- Channel announcement
- Analogue functions such as the CTCSS/DTCS/5-TONE/DTMF/BIIS PTT ID are retained from the IC-F3102D/F4102D (dPMR) series radios
- Supplied with the BP-277EX Li-Ion battery pack, belt clip and single rapid charger
- EN60950-1 safety / MIL-810-G durability / IP 67 waterproof.
Icom UK told Wireless last month (January 2014) that these are still preliminary details of the new radio series and specifications may change. Full updated details will be available on the Icom UK website, along with pricing and availability.