EVOLVEO, based in the Czech Republic, is coming to the EU market with four new ruggedised phones: three keypad cell phones and one touchscreen smartphone. The latter is the Android-based StrongPhone Q4 (pictured) and the company is recommending an end user price of €289.
The phones are designed for their resistance against water, as well as against shock and dust intrusion. They are targeted at customers working in harsh conditions or demanding environments, such as workmen, construction workers and extreme sport enthusiasts, but also by gamers, who like high performance and fast feedback of their favourite apps and games.
The EVOLVEO StrongPhone Q4 is a rugged smartphone with a colour 4-inch IPS, Gorilla Glass protected screen. High performance quadcore ARM Cortex-A7 1.2GHz and its 1GB memory ensure smooth run of applications. The phone also features an 8.0 Mpix camera with autofocus, flash, HDR support and Panorama feature and a front 2.0 Mpix camera. It also features support for fast 3G data transfers and a Wi-Fi hotspot feature.
Other key features include:
- Waterproof: Waterproofness is ensured by compliance with the IP67 standard. The phone is resistant to dust and water intrusion, tested by submersion in 1 meter depth of water for 30 minutes.
- Practical ergonomy: The sides are shaped in a way which allows comfortable operation and allows the phone to fit nicely in the palm of the hand. The body of the phone is protected against impacts by a rubber coated rigid surface with a reinforced inner frame for improved resistance.
- Powerful battery with ECO mode support : The phone has a remaining charge monitoring with option to automatically switch to the ECO mode, which features options to turn off battery draining features, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, high screen brightness or high volume settings. These features noticeably extend life of the high capacity 2800 mAh battery.
- SOS button: In case of emergency, users can press a hardware SOS button, which dials a preset SOS number and sends an emergency message.
- Flashlight: The phone is supplied with a Flashlight app, which allows users to use the bright LED camera flash on the back side as a flashlight.
- Indicator diode: Eliminates the need to turn on the screen to check whether the user has missed a call or an SMS message.
- Dedicated buttons: Comfort of the controls is ensured by the hardware buttons on the side of the phone for a camera, SOS, volume control, answering call or ending call/lock/turning the screen off
- Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean - the newest Android operating system has an improved menu with a fast setup, redesigned notification bar, smarter Google Now, updated Gmail, gooogle+, Maps, youtube, News, camera with an autofocus feature and more. The clock app is also redesigned, with more features added-stopwatch and a countdown timer.
• rubber coated rigid surface with a reinforced inner frame for improved durability
• shock and vibration resistant
• Quad Core 1.2 GHz (ARM Cortex-A7) processor
• PowerVR SGX 544MP gpu
• Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system
• 4.0" Gorilla glass touchscreen
• 480 * 854 px screen with an automatic brightness adjustment
• IPS display with 16.7 million colors and wide viewing angles
• GB ram
• 4 GB internal memory with a possibility to extend using a microSDHC memory card (up to 32 GB)
• 8.0 Mpix camera/camcorder with autofocus and LED camera flahs
• 1,3 Mpix front camera
• HD video recording (1280 x 720 pix)
• Dual SIM mode - 2 simultaneously active SIM cards in one phone
• only one SIM cards needs to be inserted and active for proper operation
• network support: SIM 1: 3G (WCDMA)/SIM 2: 2G (GSM)
• GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (GPRS/EDGE)
• WCDMA/HSDPA: 850/2100 MHz (3G)
• GPS/A-GPS/GPS EPO
• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
• Bluetooth 4.0
• Tethering and portable WiFi hotspot support
• microUSB connector for PC connectivity and charging
• FM radio
• light sensor, proximity sensor, G sensor, compass, gyroscope, temperature and pressure sensor.
• Google Play Store support with a possibility to install many apps and games
• ECO battery saving feature (monitoring and extension of the battery life)
• loop for a bag or equipment attachment
• Li-Pol battery: 2 800 mAh
• size: 140 x 76 x 17 mm
• weight: 240 g (including battery) Package content
• Dual SIM smartphone EVOLVEO StrongPhone Q4
• stereo headphones with hands-free
• 230 V USB charger
• microUSB cable
• user manual
The EVOLVEO brand is owned and developed by Abacus Electric company, a traditional partner in IT and CE since 1992, and located in C. Budejovice in the Czech Republic.
Most of the brand’s turnover is made in Czech Republic and Slovakia, mostly by selling DVB-T receivers, multimedia centres and outdoor electronics. It has dealership at present in Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Russia and Ukraine. Other business partners provide distribution in Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Romania and Lithuania.