Datalogic has introduced the QuickScan Lite QW2100 linear imager, an entry level product aimed at retail, light manufacturing, document/bill processing and banking/finance environments.
The bar code scanner can read long and truncated bar codes and is described as ‘inexpensive, but with the quality and performance to get the job done’.
The QuickScan Lite QW2100 is a small, light and ergonomic linear imager offering:
- Relatively long depth-of-field (DoF) to meet most application needs
- Enhanced 60º field-of-view (FoV) generating an extra-long scan line to read longer bar codes in a nominal reading distance
- Thinner and brighter laser-like scanning lines
- Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ technology for good read feedback
- Reads bar codes on mobile phone screens or computer screens
- No moving parts and proven to be more reliable than laser scanning.
The QW2100 imager also provides a variety of options. It is available with two interface possibilities: USB or Keyboard Wedge /RS-232 and includes various packaging alternatives so that it can be ordered as a scanner only or as a kit equipped with a scanner, cable and stand to facilitate hands-free reading options.