Motorola Solutions has unveiled the DP4000 Ex Series of ATEX- and IECEx-certified portables designed to help keep workers safe in environments containing potentially explosive gas and dust.
The digital radios are designed to meet the communication needs of customers in the oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, manufacturing and utilities industries. With their highly visible blue and black housing, workers will know they are bringing only ATEX-/IECEx-approved radios into potentially hazardous environments.
Two models are available, allowing communications managers to choose the right radio for their users – the DP4801 Ex with colour display and full keypad and the DP4401 Ex non-display model. Both versions have a bright tri-colour LED to indicate radio status and the DP4801 Ex’s large colour display enables easy access to advanced features like texting and caller ID.
• Audio: The radios have Intelligent Audio, an exclusive feature that automatically adjusts volume so users will not miss calls in noisy environments. In addition, the noise suppression capability built into the radio and accessories helps negate background sounds so workers can hear and speak clearly above loud equipment, engines and trucks.
• Built to Last: The DP4000 Ex Series radios have the highest ATEX group rating for gas explosions and meet or exceed MIL-STD-810 for exceptional durability. The radios satisfy IP67 specifications to withstand dust and immersion in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes, and they have been subjected to Motorola Solutions’ unique Accelerated Life Test, which simulates five years of hard use.
• Easy to use: Ergonomically designed for ease-of-use, the radios feature a large PTT, volume and channel knobs and programmable buttons that are simple to operate, even when wearing gloves. A prominent orange emergency button enables workers to quickly call for assistance when needed.
• Complete ATEX-certified solution: Motorola Solutions provides the only ATEX accessories certified to work with these MOTOTRBO ATEX portables. Its exclusive IMPRES smart battery, charger and remote speaker microphone, plus carry accessories meet the same tough specs as the DP4000 Ex Series ATEX portables. IMPRES batteries can be charged 150 more times than a standard model, extending battery life and reducing costs. In addition, the radios work with selected Peltor heavy-duty headsets that have been tested and certified for use with the DP4000 Ex series.
• Location tracking: The radios have Integrated GPS so organizations can easily locate mobile workers for increased safety and workforce management.
• Industry’s largest portfolio of data applications: The DP4000 Ex Series ATEX portables are supported by the industry’s largest portfolio of data applications, including work order ticket management, telephony, emergency man-down alarms and dispatch. These applications enhance safety and improve efficiency for enterprise-critical users.
• Analogue and digital interoperability: The radios can operate in both analogue and digital modes, so users can make the transition to digital at their own pace and budget.