Xirrus, a provider of wireless access solutions, has announced the availability of its Xirrus Management System (XMS) release 6.2, which is designed to deliver a powerful set of enhanced capabilities for managing wireless networks.
It provides a single point of monitoring and control for all network activity and can be used from small to very large networks supporting tens of thousands of wireless users. Central to the XMS solution are dashboard summaries and map-based views of the network that simplify the monitoring and management of wireless resources and users. The widget-based, fully customisable dashboard captures summary information such as infrastructure health, security status, user counts, wireless device info, and network traffic.
Map views provide a visual, real-time depiction of the wireless deployment using graphical floor plans or images for each location. These views provide layered, drill down information for analysing and troubleshooting the wireless network.
XMS’s monitoring and management capabilities include:
• Automated discovery and installation of Xirrus Wireless Array networks
• Hierarchical structuring of network resource groupings for configuration and monitoring
• Real-time wireless-coverage heat maps
• Graphical depiction of wireless device location and device types
• Monitoring of wireless network performance, traffic and clients
• Consolidated dashboard views of network and user status with drill-down filtering
• Security monitoring, alerting and mitigation for rogues and intrusion attacks
• Troubleshooting tools, including remote diagnostics and packet capture facilities
• Proactive alerting and event management to notify and resolve client issues
• Global searching to speed identification of resource information on demand
• Extensive management reports of wireless network performance over time
The XMS provides a flexible license scheme based on the size of the wireless network, and is available as a VM deployment, a Windows Server-based application, or a preconfigured appliance for those who prefer a turnkey solution. Xirrus Managed Services Partner also provides options for Private Cloud deployments.