Motorola Solutions today (13 June 2012) unveiled new additions to its MOTOTRBO portfolio in the shape of the DP4000 Series and DP2000 Series portables. The digital radios are designed to meet the communication needs of customers in the public service, manufacturing, education, hospitality and services industries.
The new radios add to a growing MOTOTRBO portfolio of radios, accessories, applications and systems, giving customers a choice of different form factors and feature sets, as seen in the ultra-thin and lightweight SL Series portable and DM4000 Series mobile, which both launched earlier this year.
The company says that MOTOTRBO delivers exceptional voice quality, extended battery life, increased capacity and the industry’s largest application developer programme allowing businesses to collaborate and communicate. In addition, the MOTOTRBO platform meets the FCC narrowbanding mandate in the USA and digital mandates around the world.
DP4000 Series – key facts
- The DP4000 models available include full keypad with colour display, limited keypad with 4 line monochrome display and non-display models. The DP4000 Series offers additional enhancements to the DP 3000 Series portable line, such as a five-line colour display that enables easy reading of menus and text messages.
- A day/night-mode feature changes the screen and illuminates icons for enhanced clarity in the darkest and brightest environments.
- The radio features Intelligent Audio, an exclusive feature that automatically adjusts the radio’s volume, for example, so users in a manufacturing plant will not miss calls in high-noise environments or hotel employees will not disturb guests in quiet areas.
- Enhanced features such as voice announcement allow for audible confirmation of channel and zone changes, and one-touch access buttons provide quick access to favourite features.
- Integrated Bluetooth audio allows users to connect Bluetooth audio accessories without an external adapter. Motorola offers exclusive Operations Critical Wireless earpieces specifically designed for two-way radio users, allowing employees more mobility and discreet communication. The radio also supports Bluetooth data connectivity to wirelessly transfer data between the radio and other devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers and mobile printers.
- Along with Bluetooth accessories, the DP4000 Series also offers a robust portfolio of exclusive IMPRES smart audio accessories, batteries and chargers, remote speaker microphones and carry accessories.
- Integrated GPS models enable organizations to easily locate mobile workers for increased safety and workforce management.
- The DP4000 Series supports the industry’s largest portfolio of data applications including work order ticket management, email, emergency man-down alarms, dispatch and telephony to further enhance user safety, efficiency and work flow for enterprise-critical users.
DP2000 Series – key facts
- The new DP2000 Series is a mid-tier professional portable available in limited keypad-display and non-display models that offer customers a smart way to migrate to digital. With analogue and digital interoperability, customers can make the transition to digital at their own pace and budget.
- The Series offers a compact and lightweight design, making it comfortable for users to carry during long work shifts. The two-line display and navigation menu make the radio intuitive and easy to use so workers can stay focused on the job at hand – which is critical in industries such as manufacturing, education and services.
- An innovative new connector design allows accessories to be securely attached and detached in seconds, without the use of any tools.
- The radio software can be upgraded to add radio and system features for increased capacity and coverage.
- The DP2000 Series delivers exceptional audio performance, with features such as noise suppression, Intelligent Audio, voice announcement and IMPRES smart audio accessories.
Linked Capacity Plus
Motorola also is announced Linked Capacity Plus, a trunking system offering a cost-effective voice and data communications solution. Leveraging advanced repeater software, it is available in single-site and wide-area configurations. Linked Capacity Plus makes it possible to communicate across a wide area by linking sites across an Internet Protocol (IP) network, delivering five times the capacity of an analogue conventional system.
The system supports up to 12 voice paths, plus up to six dedicated data paths per site, integrating voice with data applications such as GPS-enabled location services, text messaging and telemetry on the same system. Existing MOTOTRBO systems can be easily upgraded to a Linked Capacity Plus configuration so businesses can meet their growing communications needs while leveraging their existing equipment.