Motorola Solutions also used TETRA World Congress 2012 to announce the launch of the next generation of its Dimetra IP Micro platform offering advanced TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) voice and data functionality for mobile work teams that require an efficient, secure and reliable communications system.
In addition to voice, Release 3.0 of Dimetra IP Micro provides enhanced security options and an expansive suite of data services that give mobile workers the ability to access and share content such as work order information held in back office systems.
One of the key differences is that Release 3.0 introduces TETRA Enhanced Data Service (TEDS) to the Dimetra IP Micro platform, enabling enterprises to benefit from up to 20 times greater data capacity as well as enabling support for a much broader range of content-rich business applications. TEDS can handle around 80% of current data applications with high definition broadband video being the main exception.
Motorola believes that by providing staff members with access to business intelligence wherever they are, the Dimetra IP Micro can help transform business processes and maximise workforce productivity.
The small, expandable and easy-to-deploy Dimetra IP Micro communication system enables enterprises and smaller organizations to benefit from the high resilience and quality of Motorola´s Dimetra IP solution deployed in large, nationwide mission-critical systems.
• The solution supports a wide range of features including integrated voice and data services and full duplex IP telephony calls, which are important to commercial and enterprise users such as those in construction, manufacturing, mining and transport, resorts and large hotels.
• The solution provides an interface enabling interconnection to conventional analogue systems, making it ideally suited for enterprises upgrading from analogue to advanced digital solutions and who require a smooth migration path.
• Dimetra IP Micro Release 3.0 supports TEDS, allowing end users access to advanced data services including image sending, video viewing and remote access to documents.
• The new solution offers increased network security with air interface encryption and authentication options.
• Dimetra’s multi-channel interface allows these IP services to be linked directly to existing analogue networks.
• The data services provided by Dimetra IP Micro are unparalleled, comprising SDS, Multi-Slot Packet Data (MSPD) and TEDS. With its comprehensive support of data services, Dimetra IP Micro offers users the flexibility and the capacity to support a wide range of applications.
Steve Valentine, head of TETRA Infrastructure at Motorola Solutions, said: ‘Dimetra IP Micro Release 3.0 represents an important stage in the long-term development and lifespan of TETRA networks. It enables enterprises to build on their existing communication system investments and prepare for advanced, secure, data-led business-critical communications in the future.’