Motorola Solutions has unveiled the SL Series portable and the DM4000 mobile radio series as the latest additions to MOTOTRBO, its professional digital communications portfolio.
The MOTOTRBO products are designed to provide exceptional voice quality, extended battery life, increased capacity and the industry’s largest application developer program for increased productivity and enhanced worker safety.
The company said the SL Series is the world’s thinnest, lightest Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) portable. It is designed to meet the communication needs of business users and executives in industries such as hospitality, services, security and airlines. The radio’s slim design and unique features enhance the level of professionalism and discretion so users can provide superior customer service and faster response times.
Jeff Spaeth, corporate vice president, Radio Products and Accessories, Motorola Solutions, said: ‘Motorola Solutions’ customers in many markets, including management and customer-facing staff, wanted a lightweight and compact radio – one that can easily be worn under a jacket for discreet use, but that looks good and is easy to use. They wanted a large, simple-to-read display to help improve texting and access to applications such as work-order ticket management. We designed the SL Series to meet these needs and help customers collaborate and communicate more efficiently.’
Bruce Claxton, senior director, Innovation and Design, Motorola Solutions, added: ‘We are taking the MOTOTRBO platform to the next level with the SL Series – our smallest, thinnest-ever digital two-way radio – a product ideal for those users who value small size and discretion. Creating revolutionary and innovative products is a priority for Motorola Solutions. Through intensive user research, we listened to our customers’ needs and came up with a truly game-changing device with the SL Series.’
SLSeries key facts
• The SL Series has a rugged, high-resolution colour display with a built-in photo sensor that automatically detects ambient lighting and adjusts the display brightness for optimal viewing in all lighting conditions.
• The radio has Intelligent Audio, which automatically adjusts the radio’s volume to fit background noise so users will not miss calls in a high-noise environment or disturb others in quiet areas.
• Integrated Bluetooth audio allows users to connect Bluetooth audio accessories without an external adaptor. Motorola offers exclusive operations critical wireless earpieces specifically designed for two-way radio users, allowing employees more mobility and to converse discreetly. The radio also supports Bluetooth data connectivity to wirelessly transfer data between the radio and other devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers or mobile printers.
• The radio delivers loud and clear audio with voice announcement for confirmation of channels, zones and programmable buttons. The SL Series offers three programmable option buttons that allow up to nine favorite features to be programmed for easy access.
• The SL Series supports the industry’s largest portfolio of data applications, such as work order ticket management, e-mail, dispatch, network monitoring and telephone interconnect.
• The radio also offers vibrate alert, covert mode and an integrated antenna design that optimizes range performance – all of which are designed for ease of use and discreet communication.
• For even more discretion and flexible communications, the SL Series includes a comprehensive portfolio of earpieces, single-unit and multi-unit chargers, and a flexible wrist strap or swivel belt clip carry holder for enhanced portability.
DM4000 key facts
• The DM4000 mobile radio series features a full-colour display, making it easy for users in the public administration, utilities and transportation markets to view contact lists, text messages and applications.
• The DM4000 Series is a fully-featured analogue and digital mobile radio family that transforms enterprise by delivering unrivaled voice and data communications with best-in-class audio that includes Intelligent Audio and customizable voice announcement, integrated GPS and pre-programmed text messaging.
• It also offers integrated Bluetooth audio and data, allowing users to connect Bluetooth audio accessories without an external adaptor. Users can wirelessly transfer data between the radio and other devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers or mobile printers.