Wireless magazine has been confirmed as an official media partner for Smart Grids Summit 2010 in Malaga, Spain.
The two-day conference will look at key challenges in the development and roll out of Smart grids across Europe.
Speakers include Erik Hauptmeier, Corporate Research and Development, Technologies - Power Networks and Storage, RWE AG, who will look at the benefits of using smart energy on a European scale. Gunnar Lorenz, Head of Unit Networks, Eurelectric will examine the regulatory frameworks for Smart Grids and metering deployment.
Other key topics include:
- Creating customer value and loyalty. How to win over the customer.
- Interoperability and strategies needed to meet the communications demands of the smart grid
- Advanced metering rollout and the benefits of customer energy management
- Benefits from high voltage transmission and delivery of power over long distances
- Micro generation and the impact of micro generation on the smart electricity grid
- Utilisation of old grid assets with new technologies
The conference will be held on 13-14 September 2010. Full details are available online at www.gridsummit.eu.